info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a toshiba 40 TL 962. I turned it off whilst in iplayer

I have a toshiba 40 TL 962. I turned it off whilst in iplayer and the set has frozen. It has been switched off at the wall in the hope of resetting, with no luck. Have also changed batteries in remote. The set is on and the screen is live. Any suggestions to unfreeze?
Roger Burn
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Welcome
Is the iplayer coming from an outside source like a box?or is it an app on the set?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is within Toshiba Places within the set
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should add although the screen is live it is blank.
Roger
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Roger what do you mean by blank?do you mean the screen is frozen pic up but frozen or blank/black?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No pic, it is black but you can see it lighten when switched back on at the wall. It will not switch to standby/off or on with the remote
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up (I would guess not but I have to ask)? Is there any sound? Can you switch it off at the set itself to standby? Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no reaction from the buttons on the side of the set. There is no sound. There is no reaction from any of the buttons including menu from the remote. New batteries have been fitted.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
OK seemingly at this time the main-board looks like its packed up because of the loss of control and loss of pic do you think you can replace this board yourself?I am sorry its nothing easierLet me know and I will provide all the relevant info and on going support Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have Many Thanks Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am fairly practical so could replace whatever is necessary. It will all depend on cost of the board at the end of the day. Let's start off with relevant info
Roger
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
You need to get the back off the set, locate the main-board thats the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the part-number try www.flattvparts.co.uk first, if they dont have it google the part-number to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play) Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** a look, but not tonight.Roger
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
OK let me know Please remember the rating so I receive credit from the site thank you there will be arating band of stars with this post note the question NEVER closes Thanks againAnthony