Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I've just moved into a new house and when I attached my Goodmans

I've just moved into a new house and when I attached my Goodmans LD1912 to the ariel the picture kept breaking up, admittedly there was a storm going on outside. I deleted all the channels and tried to auto tune and now a message box keeps coming up saying; "Database Empty" and no channels.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Is the antenna pin plugged securely in TV?- Does TV show channels during auto tune?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Antenna plugged in and channels not showing during auto tune
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Btw my DVD player works fine with it.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, is it possible to test/check the antenna?It needs another TV or tuner box to connect antenna pin into to see if it works?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would have tried that but I don't have another set and I'm new to the area so don't have anyone I can ask. I contacted you rather than just buying another TV to see if you had any ideas
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
We are troubleshooting the problem to see if it is antenna problem or TV builtin tuner has failed so need to check the antenna by another TV, this will help to determine the issue, if another works fine on this antenna that means TV builtin tuner has got internal failure and became unable to process signals coming through antenna.If other TV doesn't work with same antenna then you may please check antenna pin and cable etc.Now if your TV found bad, having bad tuner that can get damaged due to storm/ lightning static charge, then I would suggest to connect set-top box to this TV as set-top box have builtin tuner and will work as external tuner box for this TV. Please check following link to view set-top box info..http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2/277-9493565-4031561?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=set-top+boxI trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for your time.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome, I wish I had better news about TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.