Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a LCD TV LE40B541P7WXXU. There is only on/off control

I have a LCD TV LE40B541P7WXXU. There is only on/off control from the remote. The manual controls are little better. Some signal source choice. No channel or volume control. BBC1 is the only channel obtainable but sporadic signal source changes occur. Sky can be obtained but the set decides to change signal source after a while. Is there a viable repair possible?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Yes there is a viable repair- the Mainboard needs to be replaced. All of these symptoms point to the same board- as it contains the processor that generates all these commands (channel, volume, remote control, panel buttons). If you want to repair this yourself, you would purchase part number: Samsung BN94-02710G (BN41-01165B) Main Board Alternatively, a shop will typically charge 700-800 £ for this type of repair if this is not something that you're comfortable with. Other than that, sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix for this one. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you need further help once you see my reply.