info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

Samsung tv (LE32B551AW6 - 6 years old) says weak or no signal.

Customer Question

samsung tv (LE32B551AW6 - 6 years old) says weak or no signal. tried returning - no channels. thought external aerial may be damaged by wind so tried amplified indoor aerial - again no channels. any thoughts?
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Welcome
Can you get into the DTV menu to retune?analogue is no good as you know
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, been into autostore>digital and tried to return a few times. no channles
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any thoughts?
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
You really need to get i to a known good aerial point just to be sure that its not a signal issue an indoor aerial is not a reliable test
If it still wont tune then the tuner is bad and the mainboard containing the tuner will need to be replaced however a better option would simply be to get a set-top-box for £20 and use that via an input
Let me know if you need more info
A positive rating is appreciated thank you
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks, ***** *****'t you expect some sort of signal to be detected using the indoor aerial, particularly as I'm within sight of the transmitter?How much would replacing the mainboard cost? I may be more inclined to buy a new TVwhat's the difference between what the set-top-box does and what the amplified aerial should do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any thoughts on the above?
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
I am really sorry about delays I have comp issues if you are in direct sight of transmitter it must be the tuner bad I am assuming you have selected air or antenna then the set has searched the dtv band if that is the case the digital tuner is bad in most cases people just get a dtv set top box as a workaround as the mainboard may cost much more you then will receive dtv no problem via an input on the set