Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

I have an LG LF540V and yesterday purchased the LG LAS455H

I have an LG LF540V and yesterday purchased the LG LAS455H 2.1 inch soundboard to accompany it but I can't seem to connect it.
Are these items not compatible or am I overlooking something?
My TV does not have hdmi arc, optical audio port or wireless connectivity...can this TV do anything in the modern world?
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
The TV is very limited in its outputs but you have the optical output port on the TV.
the soundbar has a Optical input port so you can use this.
You say though you do not see one, check on the side of it and back, you do not see the Audio Output?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it any of these?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And limited options for audio settings....I'm baffled!!...
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You have to use the scart connection and can use this device.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/scart-3-5mm-socket-adaptor-audio/dp/B00136X340
Then you get this cable and you can connect it to the soundbar
http://www.amazon.co.uk/3-5mm-Male-Stereo-Audio-Cable-Black/dp/B000Q6EBNU
this will then allow the sound to come from the TV to the sound bar.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, but is it possible to use this with a scart splitter?...if I use the scart connection I am disconnecting my DVD player so would be tempted to buy a splitter to connect both? Otherwise I won't get the sound quality when watching films which is ultimately what I am after...catch 22....
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You could but using a splitter from the DVD player with one to the TV and then one to the soundbar.
But then you wont get regular TV on the Soundbar unless you watch it via the DVD player.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK that's great, it might be fiddly depending on what I watch but better to have the option...thanks. I will get the recommended equipment today and give it a go and let you know how I get on and then complete conversation with rating. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, after speaking with the team at my local electronics store I found out that the best method was to connect a hdmi cable between the soundboard and my TV provider box (virgin TiVo) and then connect another hdmi cable between the soundboard and my TV and it works fine...it will mean swapping cables about to get the sound through my other devices but ultimately I have a connection that works without needing to purchase anything for the time being. Thanks for your support though.