Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have just replaced my old TV screen (TX42G30B) with a new

Customer Question

I have just replaced my old TV screen (TX42G30B) with a new screen (TX50CX802B)
The old screen was mounted on a twin armed bracket (A420BBLK)
I obviously wanted to mount the new screen on the same bracket but found the screws that came out of the old screen were too large to go in the back of the new one.
Can you tell me the specification for the screws I need or can I purchase them from Panasonic without buying a new bracket. I went back to ***** ***** in Reading, where I purchased the screen, and they advised me to contact you direct.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
This should be an M8x12 machine screw, though this really depends on your mount configuration. That is not a panasonic mount, so there aren't specs available for it. If your existing screws are fitting with the proper diameter but are just too long, you can simply add washers between the mount and the tv, or behind the head of the screw before passing through the mount. Either will be fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi NathanI have just measured the screws that were bolting the the old TV to the bracket. They are 6mm diameter and 15mm from under the head to the end of the thread. These will not go into the new TV as the diameter is too large. I have also measured the depth of the hole in the TV plus the thickness of the bracket and it is 35mm. I was hoping you could tell me the specific screw size recommended by Panasonic. If you cannot then I guess I will have to apply trial and error and if this is the case will you please refund my £33.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Panasonic does not specify, they only give the 400x400 vesa pattern for the hole spacing, not the actual size.m8 is the typical standard. But panasonic does not make a specific mount, so they don't bother to give specs.Any new tv mount comes with an assortment of bolts some of which will fit, and an assortment of washers/spacers to adjust the length. If your existing m6 are too large, then they'd be an m4, but that seems unlikely for a 50" tv
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
It is the responsibility of the mount manufacturer to provide the hardware, not the tv manufacturer. When you got it initially for use with the old tv, you would have most likely used the bolts that came with the mount and found a set that fit. Do you still have the spares to use with the new one?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I do not have any spares. I find it difficult to believe that the company providing the mount determines the size of the bolt that actually goes into the TV itself. I must say I am extremely disappointed with what has transpired today. The bracket system I have is extremely flexible and can cope with any configuration of the hole pattern, most especially 400x400. The only thing I wanted to check was the recommended bolt size going into the TV itself. I was directed to your site having contacted the Panasonic help line. The fact that I had to pay upset me but I was prepared to go along with it in the hope there would a resolution to my request. It would seem that the only options left to me are to source 4No bolts by trial and error or buy a new bracket system in order to get the same. As the so called "Panasonic help line" was incapable of answering a simple question, I insist that my £33 is returned to me. If this does not happen I will certainly make sure I post some disparaging remarks on both your and most certainly Panasonic's web site.