MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been a TV repair and electronics expert for over 30 years.
11519491

I have a jvc lt-40tw51j it has a faulty back light it

i have a jvc lt-40tw51j it has a faulty back light it flashes when first turned on and thats it as i can not find a replacement psu board is there a common fault
Category: TV
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.
Hi Good morning,I need some basic info so I can help you accurately, its not a common issue but they do eventually fail after so much time.How old is your TV?Also does it have a lot of hour On?ThanksTech Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
18mths and yes
Thank you for that information.This is definitely the PSU board at fault.You can get this part, but the only place I can find it as well is in the US, so you can order the PSU board from there.Below is a link for the site that has this PSU, but you need to call them to be sure they send you the correct one. Also the site doesn't post all its products on site.Please call: Sear Parts Direct:1-***-***-**** (Se Habla Español)M-F 6:30 a.m. - 10:30 p.m. CTSat 7:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m. CTSun 7:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m. CTIn any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech Michael