Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

Have a AN-VC550.AEU camera LG TV. Discovered there is

Have a AN-VC550.AEU camera for my LG TV. Discovered there is no skype app. I have a skype account, is there a way that I can sync the two please?
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have a AN-VC550.AUE LG Camera for our LG40LF630V TV but there is no skype app on the TV, is there a way we can access skype through TV please, we have a really sick mum who is deperate to talk to her son and grand children in Australia
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome
Not directly on the TV sorry, the only way would be to connect the TV to the VGA output on your computer and then via your computer, but the camera on the TV would not work for this (it would have to use the camera on your computer)
Alternatively, if you have a Android phone, you can purchase a google Chrome cast here
click me to open
Connect this to your TV, and then cast the screen from your phone onto the TV and run Skype on your phone (again though it would use the camera from the phone).
But you cannot add the App to the TV directly sorry.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.