MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been a TV repair and electronics expert for over 30 years.
11519491

I have dvd recorder. DMR-EZ47VEB which has stopped

Hi. i have dvd recorder. DMR-EZ47VEB which has stopped operating,,keeps showing U80 in display. have followed instruction manual. but not effective, asccording to ***** Centre, is currently , unsolvable problem is this correct? if so is any other model not affected. Please
Category: TV
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your DVD Recorder?Also does it get a lot of use?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my machine is at least 5-8 years old.
has had lot of use, but last year or so not to much.
Hi, and thank you for that information.According to Panasonic who are looking at my unit with the same fault it is a hang up due to the high number of different frequencies used by broadcasters in our area. They have carried out a firmware update (just because one was avail according to the tech) but the main fix will be available as a software update from mon 18th dec 2016. This is a broadcast signal and is applied by doing a full reset and retune on the unit.Hope this helps.I wish I had better news for you , I really do.But, In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice evening.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI, thank-you for information, Dec 2016 is a long time to wait for fix, so will get replacement, keep current unit and if still around in Dec 2016 will see if can get it up and going.
THANK-YOU