Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I purchased a Sony Bravia on 02/06/2014. It broke down on 09/06/2015.

I purchased a Sony Bravia on 02/06/2014. It broke down on 09/06/2015. It was repaired but broke down again 10/11/2015 with the same fault. I tried to switch it on tonight but there was no response. I changed the batteries in the remote and even tried the fuse in the plug to no effect. I had two Bravias previously but upgraded each time. Do you think after all this the TV should be replaced with a new one? It still has three and a half years left on the warranty.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. The rules of the warranty company will decide if the tv will be repaired or replaced and what it will be replaced with (new or refurbished). You paid for the extended warranty which is well worth it but they have to follow rules and even if you think it should be replaced with a new one, it is not really within your power to make that decision.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know it is not my decision, I was only looking for advice. I will go and see the retailor tomorrow and see what they come up with. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. My advice is contact the warranty company and let them do their thing. The retailer has not obligation to give you a new tv.