*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My hearing is failing and I wish to use wireless headphones

Customer Question

My hearing is failing and I wish to use wireless headphones on my Sony TV. How to I stop the TV speakers 'muting' on plug in of the transmitter?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Model Number off the back of the TV please? Also, what Make and Model Headphones are you using? The reason I ask is the headphone jack on the TV will MUTE the speakers- there is no way around that, so we need to find an alternative method to connect them. Let me know and we can proceed.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I did not see that you had another question open previously. I will opt out. Please reply back to your original question.
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Follow these steps on your tv menu please>To be able to output sound through headphones and the TV speakers at the same time follow the steps below:
Connect the headphone transmitter to the headphone jack on your TV.
Press the HOME button on the tv menu.
Select SETTINGS.
Select SOUND Settings.
Select HEADPHONE SPEAKER LINK.
Select TV Speakers On.