littlerusty2005
littlerusty2005, Expert
Experience:  Plasma, LCD, LED, converters, resolution specialist.
63817454

I have a variety of Panasonic equipment and a Tivo box and I

Customer Question

I have a variety of Panasonic equipment and a Tivo box and I want to know the best way of connecting it all together. I have;- a Panasonic TX-P42GT50B television; an SC-BTT282 Blu-ray disc home theatre sound system and an SC-ALL70TEB sound bar with 2 SC-ALL2EB
speakers to create 5.1 surround sound. The television reception is a cable going into the TiVo box this is then connected to the television via an HDMI cable into HDMI 1 on the television. I originally had the TV and Blu-ray players connected together and
was using the Blu-ray player to provide sound for the television. Having recently bought the Panasonic SC-ALL 70 & 2, I connected these to the television, as the new source of sound, via an HDMI cable to HDMI 2 (ARC). This setup was working fine but now I
want to play a DVD on the Blu-ray player with the sound coming out of the Panasonic speakers (I have disconnected the old speakers from the Blu-ray player) but I don't know how to connect all this together. Please can you help?
Category: TV
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. The best way to connect all of your gear, is to connect everything to your TV with HDMI cables, then connect the optical audio output on your TV to your sound system. In your TV menu, turn the TV speakers off to use the optical audio output. Now, everything that goes into your TV will go out the optical cable, and into your sound system.