Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

There I was watching my new curved TVs last night which

Customer Question

Hi there I was watching my new curved TVs last night which I have had for about a month now and this morning I have come to switch it on and it does not work. The remote switches it on and you see the light and hear it turn on but it immediately turns off again. Is this something obvious or a major fault??
Thanks kay
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well. Can you please get me the model number off of the back of the TV?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
No power light at all would generally point to the mains fuse inside of the TV having failed, or the power supply PCB inside of the TV having failed. That is the most likely and common cause of this problem. However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These are simple technical things that anyone would try. And I have done them . The power light does come on but immediately goes off. I am not happy with the service I have received from you and would therefore like my money returned
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
That was an initial post to you which you could have simply replied back with the results from to proceed. Regarding billing- I have nothing to do with that, and am not privy to charges as I am an independent tech and not a site employee. You would need to contact customer service via the home page to process your own refund. I am no longer involved in the dialogue here.