Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

HiI have a JVC television model LT-32DA-1BJ which has worked

Customer Question

I have a JVC television model LT-32DA-1BJ which has worked fine until last week when picture started tearing and after many attempts at retuning then it says 'no signal'. It is connected to a shared aerial which gives perfect stations to another TV so signal is not the problem? I suspect it is a TV-based setting or issue?
Do i need to do a 'reset' to factory settings?
Thanks Chris
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.
- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes TV has been unplugged overnight and still showed 'no signal' this morning. I have bought a new cable and connected directly to the aerial so there is no problem with connections. I have also connected the TV to a standalone aerial in an upstairs bedroom and it successfully auto-tuned to over a hundred stations - so the TV tuner is not the problem.In summary, the aerial is receiving a perfect signal as it also feeds another TV, the co-axial lead is new and has no connectors, the TV tuner is working - what is left to cause the problem??? Must be a setting in the TV??
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for the info, when you say "also connected the TV to a standalone aerial in an upstairs bedroom and it successfully auto-tuned to over a hundred stations - so the TV tuner is not the problem." I agree with it and only thing left is aerial pin which could be broken or aerial wire isn't connected properly.Since TV has already saved over 100 stations with working aerial point so do not run auto program/ channel option again and only check the aerial wire and pin at point where the same TV doesn't pick any channel as TV itself is fine and have available channel data in its memory so once it get correct signals from aerial it will start showing channels.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have connected a new cable direct from the TV to the aerial and it got the signal and autoscanned all channels, but the existing cable shows 'no signal', this suggested a problem with existing cable connectors of which there are two.
I have now stripped and checked the connectors but TV still shows 'no signal'. Therefore I need to run the new cable through the rooms/conservatory/garage/loftattic to the aerial and whatever the fault was should be resolved??
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.
I guess there would be some sort of 'splitter' utilized in cable wiring and one of them (if there are several splitters) is bad and blocking the signal to rest of locations. If the cable wiring is concealed and unable to follow it in house then new cable installation will help to resolve the issue.I hope these info will help.Thanks.