hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Installer
Experience:  I am a certified Cable Television installer in the state of Hawaii
40928634

I have a Toshiba DL834B LED TV in our kitchen with a TVLink

I have a Toshiba DL834B LED TV in our kitchen with a TVLink that enables it to receive Sky from the Sky digibox in the lounge where the main TV is. However the coax cable was pulled out of the back of the digibox briefly so we lost all our channels (no signal). Having plugged the coax cable back in we now have auto-tuned the TV agin and regained all the (Freeview) channels OK, but not our Sky connection through that TV. That's because the original CH68 default for Sky has now reverted to TRUTV in the channel list, and the original channel 902 that our TV engineer set up Sky for earlier this year when we move into this house. is now not shown on the channel list (which now ends at channel 804 - ITV1+1). How can I get Sky set up on 902 / CH68 like it was a few days ago please?
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is your answer?? I entered and paid £22 GBP for my question over 24 hours ago (27 hours ago in fact) - but your website says: "You’ll get a response on this page and by email – always within a day and often in 10 minutes or less." ????
I've checked my email inbox - no response yet???
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes - please continue to seek an answer.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well we can't wait much longer to get this simple Sky connection thing fixed, so you guys have until 18.00 GMT today to provide a working response [24 hours longer than your T&C], after that tomorrow Tuesday I call my TV man (who I'm sure can do it within 5 minutes, as he has in the past) and request my £22 back from you.
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 1 year ago.
Hello there let me explain the issue:​Freeview ch68 is an aerial digital channel that your kitchen TV is receiving via the Skybox. The issue is that the Ch68 that your Skybox outputs is an analogue signal.Digital channel 68 & Analogue Ch 68 are two different animals.Basically what you need to do is set the kitchen TV to view and tune in the analogue channels and then it will see the Sky connection.Please look at pg16 of the manual and set your TV to do a Digital Aerial & Analogue.Please let me know if you have further questions
hongkongpom, Installer
Experience: I am a certified Cable Television installer in the state of Hawaii
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi hongkongpom,
Yes! That has fixed my TV to enable Sky connection to be restored ok - (I now key in channel 902 - which is not on the channel list - and that relates to CH 68 - and that brings up Sky immediately)Many thanks, ***** ***** there in the end.
Bruce