Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Panasonic TX-40CX400B smart tv Netflix not working. The netflix

panasonic TX-40CX400B smart tv Netflix not working. The netflix app loads and you can browse but as soon as you play a title it says problem at the moment and doesnt play.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Have you gone into the viera menu and run the software update function yet?Do you have issues with any other apps?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes ive run the software update and the tv doesnt find any updates using wifi, not tried through the aerial yet but im guessing thats no different. all the other apps work fine (bbc iplayer and other video apps). its just netflix
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just to add, netflix works fine on my desktop and i have another smart tv which netflix works fine on. the netflix staff say they can see the tv trying to play the titles but my end just gives me the error. i have tried everything (complete shut down and restart of all my equipment and all the other things netflix has suggested) but nothing has solved it so im guessing its a panasonic issue. I have even tried changing dns server settings as suggested on some forums but still nothing. this seems a bit mean on panasonics side as netfix is pretty much the only reason i bought the tv, they must know about this issue, i cant be the only one
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
There are some occasional known firmware limitations with specific apps. I have not heard of it with your particular model yet, but that doesn't preclude the possibility. A few other tings to try: go into the actual netflix app, and into options then look for the account info and you should see a reset option there to either reset the app, or sign out of and back into the account. If that doesn't work, sign into netflix on your computer, go into the account page, then deauthorzie all devices.Power the tv off/on, then open netflix and sign in to reauthorize it and try to play a movie.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yep, done all that many times over already, from desktop and app, deactivate reactivate, sign in sign out in every possible order i can think of but its still the same, been at it for 2 days now and i think i have exhausted everything to do with it
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Okay there is one remaining step to try, if you wish, but at this point it appears to be a firmware fault which will need a patch released by panasonic to ultimately resolve.Factory reset the tv, by turning on, then press and hold volume down on the side of the tv, along with menu on the remote, for 5 seconds.This clears all settings though, so you'll have to reestablish your wifi connection, app sign ins, etc. If that still doesn't work, the only remaining option is to wait on panasonic to release an update, or to connect an external streaming device to use instead like a fire tv Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, holding the volume button on the tv and pressing menu dosn't seem to do anything, but i have done a factory reset using the menu options which im guessing is the same but that hasn't changed anything.
does this mean my question cant be solved without buying 3rd party equipment? if so how do i go about refunding my £11 for the cost of asking the question as obviosly im not wanting to buy more equipment for a tv that already has netflix built in.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You have to do this with vol- on the side, and menu on the remote, with the tv powered on, until it goes into self check mode and then powers down. This is a bit different than the menu reset process. It means it can't be solved on your end without either waiting for panasonic to release an update (which could be anywhere from tomorrow to several months), with the alternative if you are unwilling to wait being to buy a 3rd party device. Regarding the fee, I have no control over billing. The site has a satisfaction guarantee, ensuring you'll receive a quick and accurate answer - it however does not guarantee that a fix is possible in all cases. In situations like this I am limited to diagnosing and explaining the problem and giving you alternatives or other solutions to resolve the issue. Had you called a local tv tech out, you'd be paying 10x the fee for the same exact outcome. I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Best Regards, ***** ***** holidays,Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay im a reasonable guy and am self employed myself, im not questioning your effort as youve been very good at talking with me over the problem that ive got, but put your self in my shoes for a second, I havent been told anything that i havent done already except for the tv reset via buttons which didnt work. I very much appreciate your time taken to answer my question and am very gratefull, but would you want to pay for something that in the end was nothing? I know its not your fault, you didnt make the tv after all and your not a panasonic company director so i understand the way it works. I will be leaving you positive feed back, dont worry. many thanks for your help
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I do completely understand your perspective, Paul.I would be equally frustrated with panasonic at this point and not being able to do anything to speed up the process other than to wait or pay more for another product.Ultimately, you'd be better served by the 3rd party streaming device, it works much faster and is much more readily updated and more capable than what the tv has internally, and I'd say that no matter what brand or model of tv you had. You can keep an eye out on the product page on the panasonic support site to see if the update comes sooner there to update it manually. One other note, if you are going to invest in the external streaming device, you may want to buy the fire tv box instead of the stick. It costs twice as much, but streams in 4k. Nathan