Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Licensed TV repair technician in the US with over 30 experience in the US.
59014109

I've recently bought a Bravia Android 4K tv - 6AML3 but I'm

Customer Question

I've recently bought a Bravia Android 4K tv - 6AML3 but I'm having a lot of problems trying to pair an RFM-ED004 touchpad I've bought separately and also a dualshock 4 controller - neither will pair as instructed. The touchpad when attempting to pair has an LED underneath which just blicks quickly until I press the power button. I've looked on line and followed the initialisation procedure which appears to go successfully but it still wont pair. However, if I go onto the bluetooth option I can find the touchpad and it pairs successfully but even after this I still can't pair through the touchpad option. The dualshock 4 does nothing! Can you help?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 1 year ago.
I'm not finding this model number as a Bravia Tv "6AML3"? Can you check please? Did uyou do it this way? http://screencast.com/t/JF6gVSsMFOUx
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The information given on the tv is as follows..
Model - KD-49X8307C
Did you pair the ED004 this way? http://screencast.com/t/JF6gVSsMFOUx
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, tried this numerous times and also initialised the touchpad by unplugging the tv and pressing vol-, power & the touchpad area which successfully flashes the led twice slowly but when ever I try to pair with the tv it fails. However I do find that the led on the touchpad blinks rapidly which only stops if I press the power button on the touchpad. I suspect this is some form of eror code but I can't find any mention of this anywhere. The only other thing to note is that if I go into the bluetooth option, the touchpad can be found and I can pair and connect to it but even after doing this I still can't pair through the touchpad option.
Possibly a separate question but it may be related and that is with dualshock 4 gamepad - I cannot pair this either - nothing happens - nothing on the controller and the tv just eventually timesout.
I will have to opt out of this question it is open to other experts.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thanks for your patience,
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll assume I'm not going to get an answer and will now take it up with Sony directly. I don't have any other questions and I signed up thinking I would get a prompt solution which hasn't happened so I'm now wanting a refund - what's the procedure for getting this?