Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Goodmans frreview + Digital TV Recorder and

Customer Question

I have a Goodmans frreview + Digital TV Recorder and it is acting a bit funny, it only comes on on 1 channel, if I try to change a channel or even put the volume off, it goes off on standby.
Also nothing happens when I press the guide or library buttons. even when I press those buttons , it just turns itself off, until I press another button and then it comes back on, but only to the same channel all the time.
I do hope its not broken as I've got so many good programs saved !!!
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. How long have you owned the Goodman's box for and when did this problem occur? Also have you tried rebooting the box yet by disconnecting it from power for several minutes and then plugging it back in as a soft reset? If not, please try that up to three times and let me know what happens please. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Aric, Technician
Experience: 15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Aric,
I have tried turning the recorder off and then on a couple of times but still doesn't work. But for a second the 'guide button ' did work, but off again.
Menna
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry to hear that and can you please tell me how long you've owned the recorder for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have had it for about 3 years now
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, not sure if you actually unplugged the box from power or simply turned it off and on a few times as you indicated in your reply, but if you have not already- then please unplug the box for at least 5 minutes and plug it back in. If this does not work please let me know if you are using an HDMI cable between the Goodman's box and the TV, and if so, please replace that cable with a new one and let me know if you have the same problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I did unplug it a few times. I haven't got a new cable here at the moment, but I'm going to take the recorder to the shop where I bought it and they say they will have a look at it for me without charge, so we'll see what they find, ok. Thanks
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome and that sounds good. Let e know how you make out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I will let you know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Aric,
Took the recorder to the shop but as i thought they said that nothing could be done with it, they tried a new lead but no luck. They might be able to save the recordings on it.
Thanks for your help.
Menna
P.S. could you please confirm for me that this is a one off payment I make to you now yes? I do not wish to carry on with 'justanswer' thank you.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I'm not privy in any way to billing, accounts, etc.- I'm an independent tech, not a site employee. You would need to direct those questions to customer service via the home page. I'm simply an AV technician.