Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Purchased a Samsung LED TV UE32J5100have connected it to

Customer Question

purchased a Samsung LED TV UE32J5100
have connected it to wirelessly to my BT hub.
How do I set the TV up to receive the internet?
Remote does not seem to have any buttons to do it and manual does not explain either.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, To launch the TV's app platform you need to press the Smart Hub button on the Samsung remote. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Aric. However the remote does not have a Smart Hub button on the remote? Do I need to purchase a further remote from Samsung that has the button on it?Brian
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brian, Upon further review this TV does not have the Samsung Smart Hub and is not an internet ready TV- meaning it does not have Smart features. The only feature it has that can read from a USB storage device is the "Media.P" feature on the remote.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again Aric. I agree the TV does not have the Samsung Smart Hub and is not internet ready. However the manual says it can be connected to the internet via a Samsung lan adapter. I had one from a previous TV, put it in the usb port and it has connected to my internet router. This is why I thought buying a remote with the smart hub button on it might work if the app could be downloaded to the TV? Your thoughts please.
Brian
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
According to the manual, this TV does not have the ability to connect to the internet in any way and does not have an app platform built into the Mainboard. This set is simply not built to use the Samsung apps and you would need an external Blu Ray player or some other Smart device to connect to the TV in order to view Apps on the set unfortunately.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Aric. No further questions to ask on this subject. Your help was much appreciated, Happy New Year to you.
Brian
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome Brian- and Happy New Year to you as well!