tyroneboman
tyroneboman,
62741268

I have a Panasonic Viera TX-32LXD60 Serial No. ND-6243655R

I have a Panasonic Viera TX-32LXD60 Serial No. ND-6243655R which I now want to wall mount.
Having spent considerable time selecting the 'correct' wall bracket (ordered from bracketsrus) i.e. Series 1 single arm cantilever bracket I find that the bolts to fix the mounting plate to the TV are too big i.e. M6x30, M8x30 and M8x40 have been supplied presumably to cover all eventualities !
However, although holes in the mounting plate line up, the threads in my TV are only 4mm which I must admit look very small to support the weight of the TV.
Can you confirm that these are ok and that I need to purchase some 4mm bolts, if so what length do they need to be ?
Category: TV
Expert:  tyroneboman replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. The Panasonic only weighs around 18-20 kg or about 40 lbs.The kits usually come with the screws. Try the screws that are used on the pedestal and let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The screws on the pedestal are 4mm but only have 11mm thread length !
The screw heads are also smaller than the holes in the adapter plate therefore a washer would be required approx. another 1mm thickness.
The thickness of the plastic casing is 3mm and the adapter plate 1mm so that leaves only 11mm less 5mm i.e. 6mm of thread actually engaging with the TV
The kit also provides plastic spacers 15mm thick to go between the adapter plate and the TV !
I would therefore need a 4mm bolt with minimum length of 30mm which would provide 10mm of engagement with the TV.
Is this what I need to purchase i.e. 4mm bolts 30mm long ?
Yes, that is the required size. 4mx30