Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have Toshiba 24D1433B/24D1433B2 24-inch High Definition

I have Toshiba 24D1433B/24D1433B2 24-inch High Definition LED TV with Built-In DVD Player.
The problem is that when I am trying to switch the TV on using the remote- the light in the right lower corner is flushing and the TV will not switch on.
I have to physically switch the power socket off and then on and the TV then will respond to the remote.
Any suggestions?
regards, jacob
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well. This is an internal hardware failure occurring within the TV. More specifically the power supply capacitors inside of the TV are drifting out of spec, which is why you need to unplug the TV and plug it back in to reset. There are no quick fixes or settings that will correct this, and ultimately the TV's power supply board would need to be replaced or repaired by a shop in order to fix the issue. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.