hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Installer
Experience:  I am a certified Cable Television installer in the state of Hawaii
40928634

I am switching my phone provider to BT and the deal includes

I am switching my phone provider to BT and the deal includes BT TV with a YouView box. I have just got used to the Panasonic DMR-PWT635 recorder/player with my Sony 32EX503 tv. Will it work with BT TV? What are the practicalities? Can I switch between the remotes for my Panasonic and the YouView remote? Or does one become the default one? I've just got used to the panasonic remote and would like to use just that one if possible? Two other issues are:why is there no mute button for sound on the remote? (I think) and I keep getting a overlay message on my tv when I switch on saying it has found new channels despite installing them several times! It is a pain - when I press exit- it even comes back again sometimes ( it does go when i switch to another mode but is always there when i start up!!!
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my phone 01283 791512
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not impressed with this service so far! Where is your answer ? No phone call back and I've been in all day!
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll wait a BIT longer. However I've found out for free the answers re BT TV although a supplementary question is - is there any problem or disadvantage with using power line adaptors to connect up the YouView box to the telephone line rather than a hard wire?
I await my answers to my questions on the recorder/player.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 1 year ago.
Hard wire is always the best solution vs power line adapters (aka Home Plugs). Adapters can be affected by noise on the electrical line caused by equipment in your home Also adapters don't work if plugged into a surge suppressing power strip. Adapters should be on the same ring circuit as the equipment that it is linking to. The age of the electrical wiring in your home can also affect the adapter's performance.There have been reports of adapters causing interference and affecting DAB radio​If the signal has to cross through your fuse box the Internet data can be affected.All I can suggest that you do is try the adapters in your home and if the performance is not acceptable, return them and go with the hard wire solution.I hope that this answers your question. Here are some reports to read for further information: this report and this one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the answer regarding Powerline adaptors but you haven't answered my two original questions concerning my Panasonic Recorder/Player? Can I please have those answered as well then I will feel I have had my money's worth!
Hello you can only ask one question per posting. You also mentioned you have already got your other answers.
Otherwise if you ask several questions and don't like one then we may not get paid and this how we earn our living.
Sorry but if you kindly look at the Justanswer home page under the "how it works" tab it says to "ask your question"; not questions or ask as many as you like​I hope that you understand our situation.We are independent contractors and not employess of Justanswer. You are talking to a work from home technician.
hongkongpom, Installer
Experience: I am a certified Cable Television installer in the state of Hawaii