Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Tv wont get onto the hdmi input, it just stays on the terrestrial

My Tv wont get onto the hdmi input, it just stays on the terrestrial channels
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, What's connected to the HDMI Input on the TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Sky Box
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, shut everything off and pull the power cord from the TV and Sky box both from the wall outlet. Remove the HDMI cable then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 15 full seconds and release. Wait a minute then plug the HDMI cable back in on both ends and plug the TV and the Sky box back in. Once the Sky box reboots, turn the TV on and let me know if you can select the HDMI Input. If not, please try another HDMI cable and let me know what happens. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But we can't get the menu to pick HDMI from TV,PC,AV etc. The menu simply wont come up. We cant even get the black and white fuzz up (Snow) off the TV because it wont turn on
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Perform those steps above and then try, that's what I'm saying.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Turned out the HDMI was disconnected from the Sky Box. After realising this, we then performed the steps you told us. But as I said, the TV now refuses to turn on. When we push the power button, nothing happens
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, what you said in the original query was the set was stuck on terrestrial channels- so this is definitely new info. If the TV itself will not power on then there's a hardware failure in the TV- either within the power supply or mainboard which does require service. I'm sorry for the bad news- but there is nt a quick fix for this problem if the TV will not physically even power on at this point. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.