Dan
Dan, Broadcast Engineer
Experience:  I am a member of The Society of Broadcast Engineers for a local CBS station
1567601

My panasonic recorder dmr-ez49veb will not accept tapes.it

My panasonic recorder dmr-ez49veb will not accept tapes.it takes it in the rejects it.it has had hardly any use.
Category: TV
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 1 year ago.
Does this happen if you just want to play a tape please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It won't accept a tape at all.it takes it in for afew seconds then ejects it .I have tried several cassettes but with the same outcome.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to assisting you today. When a VCR fails to accept a tape, it is usually due to either a bad belt or main drive gear that is used to load the tape across the video and audio heads. This can happen and often does with just the machine setting on the shelf. The belts and drive gear being made out of rubber will dry, crack and stretch to the point where they can no longer load the tape to the proper tension. When that happens, the loading mechanism senses that and kicks the tape out so as not to cause damage. This can be easily repaired but will need to be taken to a service center.
Dan, Broadcast Engineer
Experience: I am a member of The Society of Broadcast Engineers for a local CBS station