Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Toshiba regza sound but no picture. Just the sky set up chap

Toshiba regza sound but no picture. Just the sky set up chap talking
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I`m JackPerhaps I can help you with this problem , let me know when you`re ready ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will wait for Jack to contact me online
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
I see that you may have received an automated phone offer from the web site ,never mind that ,it wasn`t from me and we won`t need it for now anyway.Just a few questions coming up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Jack. Fire away.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
By the look of it your screen is dark no matter what is playing so please tell me ;Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?If you are not sure then darken the room and turn the tv off and on again while you observe the screen .Can you see the tv`s own menu for example ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Completely black.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then I`m afraid this is not something that will be cleared with setup ,adjustment or wiring if you cannot see the TV's own menu , this is an internal problem .Could you please lookup your tv`s model number located on the back cover ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
With that model number I will be able to give you more details of what may be involved and the costs
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
If you cannot get to the model number at the back of the tv then give me the screen approx. size and how old it is and that will give me some ideas
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Jack. Just looking.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model No. 37X3030DB Serial No. 19214701 About 7 years old.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then thank youThis is a lcd tv which means a backlight inverter problem if you still have sound .Back with more
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Not sure the exact change value between the pound and dollar these days so I will give you an estimate in dollar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
This inverter board which is the most likely suspect cost around $50 to buy if you were to buy it yourself but if that is not your cup of tea so to speak then you could expect this to cost somewhere around $250 parts included to have a repair shop do this for you .This is a 37" model and it is not getting any younger so if i may be frank , considering the age of the tv , i would think about it twice before investing that kind of money considering the fact that you can get a new 40" LCD tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $300 .
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but there is no reset procedure here that will bring back your tv , this definitely needs parts , namely that inverter board .
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
If that answers your questions for now please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** helpful. I think I will go for one of the new high definition jobs
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Best thing to do really .Much welcome and please do not forget to rate so i can get compensated for my time helping you.
Jack, Technician
Experience: 35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech