Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a LG tv but when i try to play my VCR tapes it

Customer Question

I have a LG tv but when i try to play my VCR tapes it only has sound but no vision how do i get vision please
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to talk to someone about this problem but I have difficulty in entering a phone number in the spaces you require on your site. My phone number is
***********
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The VCR I have, is a Sanyo Hi-Fi Stereo It is connected to my LG TV via a scart connection. If this is Helpful.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Yes sorry for the delay in answering you. Yes i would like to view my Videos but as i said earlier i can only here the sound but can get no picture.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry i am willing to wait for any help.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I`m Jack Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first could you please give me the tv`s and vcr`s model number ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi JackThe LG tv Model Number is ***** and the video player is a Sanio Model Number VHRH794E
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Thank youYou said there was sound but no picture .What do you see on the screen while there is no picture , is it just blank or do you have streaks ,a snow storm etc. ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The screen is black no streaks or snow storm just blank.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k and beside not seeing the picture from the tape playing can you see the vcr`s own menu on the screen ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Jack There is nothing on the screen I hit play on the VCRs remote and i can only here the sound of the film.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything else connected to this tv ?I`m starting to wonder if your tv may not be the problem hereCan you see the TV's own menu ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If i could see anything like the Menu i might be able to tune it in but i think it might be the TV that needs tuning but i am not sure how to do it without upsetting other settings. If you get my drift.,
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
If you can`t see the TV's own menu then there are no tuning that can be done if you get mine !
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
If that is the case then the vcr has nothing to do with it and start with the tv !There are NO tuning , settings , wiring or programming that would stop you from seeing the TV's own menu , if you can`t see it then your tv is defective " PERIOD "
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can see the TVs menu when i hit the menu button on ther tvs remote i cannot see the Vcrs menu as there is no menu button on the vcrs remote. When i first turn on the VCR it displays AV1.I tune the tv into AV1 and hit the play button on the vcrs remote ,the tape starts the display on the vcr states PLAY but the Tv Displays NO SIGNAL But the sound of the Movie is there The picture isn,t .
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then , I did ask you above ;Can you see the TV's own menu ??And you replied ;If i could see anything like the Menu i might be able to tune it in but i think it might be the TV that needs tuning but i am not sure how to do it without upsetting other settings. If you get my drift.,
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Now if you do get the sound from the vcr , then this is not tuning either .You could have a defective cable or defective vcr .You said this vcr was connected scart to the tv , is there any ways you could try another type of connection like a single RCA type video cable ?Or try another unit like cable box /set top box with scart etc.Is there anything else connected to this tv that works correctly ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have a blue Ray CD player attached to the Tv
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Glad to hear that
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Does it work , correctly ??You very likely have a defective scart cable here , the video does not go through
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Try to unplug and replug securely that scart cable at both ends to see if the contact will re-establish otherwise you could try another video cable
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok jack I will try another Scart Cable. My wife tells me that it was working ok up until a violent storm Tripped the fuse box everything worked ok when we pulled the trip switch back down except of course this VCR. Could it be that The storm wrecked the Scart lead or done some serious damage to the VCR itself?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then don`t bother with a new scart cable .If I had that info to start with I would have said first try the vcr in another input on the tv ( you said you tried AV1 and AV2 ) then ask perhaps to try the vcr on another tv if possible but right now this looks like the vcr`s video circuit got knocked out , not the scart lead
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Jack
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit , this is how I make a living and that rating gets me paid for my time.Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.