littlerusty2005
littlerusty2005, Expert
Experience:  Plasma, LCD, LED, converters, resolution specialist.
63817454

I have recently bought a Samsung H6400 Smart TV. I also have

I have recently bought a Samsung H6400 Smart TV. I also have a fairly old SCM-8250 Samsung sound system and I want to use the speakers on this rather than the TV speakers for my sound output however I get no sound when I connect RCA leads from the audio out on the TV to the EXT sockets on the amplifier. I have changed the TV sound settings from TV speaker to Audio Out. The leads work fine together with the amplifier and speakers when I connect a Logitech Squeezebox instead. I can only think that something about the TV audio output is incompatible with the amplifier. Do you have a solution to this please?
Category: TV
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. I believe I've located your problem, sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience. The red/white jacks are an input on that TV, not an output. You have an optical output we can use, click here. That plugs into your optical audio output, and converts to red/white for use with your sound system. The settings you made in the TV are correct, so you shouldn't have any trouble hooking this up. Let me know if you have any trouble.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I will obtain the part you suggest and give a try. I will let you know how I get on.
You are very welcome! Let me know how it works in the end, I'm confident that it will work. I'm a sound and video engineer, so if you have any hiccups, I'll help you through them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got the part you suggested today and it all works fine, although when I select external speakers on the tv settings I get sound through the tv speakers as well which I did not expect. I thought it was an either/or setting. It's not a problem. I can mute whichever set of speakers I don't want at the time. Thanks for your help. Wilson
That is supposed to be an either-or setting. Not sure why it's acting that way. Look for a TV speakers OFF setting, sometimes there are both options in the menu.