adamd-mod
adamd-mod, Just Answer Moderator
Experience:  Just Answer Moderator
74353250

I have a Toshiba smart tv L63 and i can't connect to my

Customer Question

Hi i have a Toshiba smart tv L63 and i can't connect to my broadband wifi, can you help please?
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.Does the wifi network name appear in the list of available networks on the Toshiba?If yes, does it have a lock symbol next to the name?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi no there is no lock and yes the route id appears
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it gives 3 connection choices, easy manual and advanced. i select easy, click on the router and enter all info but no joy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, are you still there?
yes, give me a moment to check on this please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I'm waiting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
waiting, not calling, sorry
okay, what is the router name that appears on the Toshiba list of available networks?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SKYAFF47
okay, thank you.When you select the network name SKYAFF47 you will need to enter the password ***** the router label.Enter your wireless password ***** as it's printed. You can usually find your wireless details on the side or back of your router. always enter your wireless password ***** capitals. When you type the password *****’ll see a series of dots instead of the letters. Don’t worry, your keyboard isn't broken, this is just for security reasons.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes i know all that and have done that, but it doesn't work. i think it has something to do with the options, as follows, i select network, network set up, connection - wireless, wireless setup, easy set up, was configuration - choices are pin or pic, i choose pin, then scan, SKYAFF47 is listed and i select it, signal is strong and it shows mac address, it then says its searching and wait until set up is complete. it fails every time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wps configuration not was
the pin method will not work. You will need to enter the password.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also it offers pin or pic, sorry its auto spellchecker
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pbc, done it again, not pic
okay, choose manual set up and see if it ask for the password.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok so now i go to assisted set up. it shows network name correctly. authentication has multiple choices - WPA2-PSK or WPA=PSK or Open Network or shared? then encryption, choices are AES for WPA options or WEP for last 2 options and then security key? what do i do?
choose the wpa then enter the security key in all caps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok chosen WPA-PSK option, encryption is offered as AES or TKIP, i chose AES. Still not working. it says no APs found
choose tkip,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same message, NO APs found
okay, go back at the beginning and select the wpa2 option.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
done that, same result
Okay, sorry about that. I am out of ideas. I will open the question and let the other experts take a look at it. Thank you for your patience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when will i hear back?
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thanks for your patience,
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i can not wait any longer, please can you refund my money ASAP?RegardsPaul