Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Jack I am Jason. I have a Hitachi tv that I am trying to

Hi Jack I am Jason. I have a Hitachi tv that I am trying to connect a black now tv box to it. The now tv box only has an hdmi plug. My TV does not have hdmi. I have an adapter that converts the rgb1plug to hdmi. When I connect the now tv bix to the new hdmi port I get a picture but no sound. Where am I going wrong?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for requesting me .Does that adapter/converter have a model number ?If your tv only has component or RGB inputs then does that converter box have 5 output cables ?3 for video and 2 for audio ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi the rgb to hdmi has no numbers on it. It has worked before with soundThe now tv box only has power hdmi and ethernet ports.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then you mean that this same setup and wiring was working and the sound stopped ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All I have connected is the new now tv box
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Not what I`m asking ;You said that this adapter had worked before " with sound" , now what I`m asking is , what it working with this setup ??Or something else ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it has never worked with this set up
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then right now what you would need to do is to verify that your now box works with sound and all while connected HDMI so i guess this would require either trying it on a friends tv or at the store where you got it .Right now just try to reboot it by pulling out its power cord 30 secs or so ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Got anything else HDMI like a dvd player or game etc. that you could try to see if the sound will go through ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have reset the now tv box but still no sound. I have plugged my ps3 in and no sound. Either the adaptor has had enough or I have no sound anymore on my tv
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then that narrows it down somewhatNow do you have anything you can connect directly into the tv ?Like your PS3 perhaps with standard audio/video plugs ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
When was the last time you used this tv anyway and what was connected to it ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
BY the way , when you said you had sound , was it with this tv ?Are the external speakers connected ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried the standard audio video plugs no sound. It's been a few months since we have used this TV. I have had the external speakers connected and disconnected. No difference
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
I don`t think this tv has internal speakers unless I`m mistaken so you would need them plugged in .The manual doesn`t show anything about speakers on or off either or even external speakers so it does look like the tv has developed a sound problem since the last time you used it.Now you could perhaps use something external like a sound bar or small sound system ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again for requesting me and if you have no other questions for now please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I Have plugged the speakers in and I can hear that they are working all be it not with TV sound it is just the sound a speaker makes when something is not tuned in
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
o.k then that furthermore proves the tv`s sound circuit has a problem , this is not a young tv and those older model do not like to be left unused and unplugged for extended periods
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cheers ***** ***** the bad news
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Cheers ***** ***** about that
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit , this is how I make a living and that rating gets me paid for my time.