Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

There I have a samsung 3d tv (2 years old) - it has 3

Hi There
I have a samsung 3d tv (2 years old) - it has 3 x usb ports on the back.
As of 2 days ago it stopped reading the usb drive.
I have a 2nd Samsung TV in the house and it reads the same stick without an issue.
its like the TV cannot see its own usb inputs and needs a hard reboot....
Any advise please?
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the model of the TV please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
samsung ue46e6800
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
go to Support, Self Diagnostics, Reset and perform a reset of the TV which will return it to new.
Then setup the TV like when you first received it and tell me if it now reads the memory stick please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK - done the reset and its no different.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Is it just this one memory stick or any memory stick?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One sec - let me check that.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK - seems the new usb stick works - that does not explain why the other tv reads this the original usb without issue yet this tv does not see it though?any ideas?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
compatibility or format.
I would format it in a computer and see if it then works, else it may be a size issue
If it still fails, then the TV is not compatible with that actual stick.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK - I dont think we have settled this.If TV A (samsung) reads and plays the stick no problem why does TV B not?TV B did yesterday so why not today? They are both Samsung TV's and both fairly new - Seems bizarre?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thats why I asked you to please put the memory stick into a computer and format it, then try it in the Tv
Richard, Technician
Experience: TV Engineer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK - doing that now!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK - fair do's - thats fixed it.Thank you.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome
Thats why I wanted to format it as the first step when we confirmed other sticks worked.
and if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes - but the reason I thought it did not need this was because it worked fine in the other tv - thats what threw me!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
understood!
The other TV has a much better codec installation which can read more formats, hence the difference on this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you still dont understand - yesterday both TV's read the same stick - this morning TV B would not read it whilst TV A was fine.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes I understand what your saying, and as I keep replying it was the FORMAT that was the issue. I am not just saying this, we have proven this by REFORMATTING it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dont get arsey about it and shouting with ya capital letters - I'm not a child.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its not shouting, its highlighting it, as I believe you missed this point in my last messages. I cannot use Bold in this editor so the only way to clarify it better is to use capitals for the key words here. Please do not mis interpret ate it as yelling as this is not what it was.