Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Lic. and insured, 30 years experience.
59014109

I have a none smart tv - panasonic th-42pv500b. My nephew

Customer Question

I have a none smart tv - panasonic th-42pv500b. My nephew last week connected his games consol to the tv and logged into the internet for a game he was playing. I did not know you could do this with a smart tv. However now every time this tv is turned on it kicks out the BT hub. Internet is not able to con..nect. I have reloaded the tv from set up/shipping and still have the problem. Can this be corrected otherwise it mean getting a new tv .
Colin
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.
I suspect he didn't logout of the game when finished. And...having a game console, it probably was connected to the router wirelessly. That means the TV had nothing to do with the wireless connection since he didn't need to access your viera smart hub to play.With that said, I suspect your router is where the problem is. And you should find the reset button on the BT router, press it, turn off the router, and while holding the reset button turn the router back on. That always clears my router. Of course anything that is connected to that router using wireless will need the router's username and password ***** You usually find a tag/sticker on the router with those - See picture -