Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have an lg 37ly9. I've just purchased a sound bar with phono

I have an lg 37ly9. I've just purchased a sound bar with phono connections after connecting I realised that there only audio in so bar will not work. bought a scart adaptor kit connected it but only get hissing through the bar. can you advise please
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having Your TV uses Digital Audio Out from the "Optical jack" on the back of the set. That is the only audio out the TV has- so phono connections won't work. If your soundbar does not have an optical input jack- then you need a converter. I will pull up a link to the converter.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
You will need the DAC at the link below- run an optical cable from the TV- where it says "Digital Audio Out" to the converter, then you can use phono plugs from your soundbar to the converter. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-DAC-Digital-Analogue-Converter/dp/B0038M3ID8 Your TV's RCA phono jacks are all "Input"- not output, which is why you're getting a hissing sound. Scart adapters won't work. You need the converter I linked to above along with an optical cable. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.