info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a 37" LG TV model no: 37LD490 and the HDMI connection

Hi. I have a 37" LG TV model no: 37LD490 and the HDMI connection has failed in all three ports. SCART and antenna work fine.
Please can you advise me.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Welcome
OK HDMI loss is a very common issue with modern sets and there is a procedure to follow, the first thing to do is >>try different hdmi products not just one to eliminate the product as the issue then>>
1)Un-plug the set from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again try HDMI again
2) If there is a reset to factory default in the settings menu of the TV please use that try the HDMI again
3)If still no go go to the LG website and look for any firmware upgrade for the set under support for your model make sure you have the latest version of firmware.
If all fails then the main-board will need to be replaced (assuming the set is not under warranty) let me know when you get as far as that and I will advise further
Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have
Many Thanks
Anthony