Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Have a problem.Have a second tv working off sky box from 2nd

Customer Question

Have a problem.Have a second tv working off sky box from 2nd outlet works great.This is an old type tv,how can i connect a new type tv useing just coax cable.What device do i need to do this.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. The new tv will work in exactly the same manner as the old one. Connect the existing 2nd outlet coax to the new tv,set the new tv to the TV input mode (not hdmi, etc).Go into the tv setup menu, usually under channels, programs, or initial setup (depends on make/model of the tv),then run through the Tuning function (auto scan/auto program) and the new tv should pick up the box, usually on channel 3 or 4 (or whatever channel the old tv used).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nathan thank you for quick response.Unable to try out your solution yet,haven,t purchased new tv yet.Will get back to you,asap
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nathan tried what you advised,using mothering laws new type tv.But had no joy, but it is a cheap Alba.Found out a mate of mine,has a JVC, and he is getting sky,the way you said.He will bring his down to try ,in next couple of days.Wife wont let me change to a new one,until i can prove it works.Cheers ***** ***** you know.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the update, Robert. Hope it works out for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nathan got new tv working.But not straight forward,had to ring manufacturer,s help line.Had to go into manual tune,and follow the instructions.possible make gave me problem.OK now, thanks once again
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome, Rob, glad it is working for you now.