Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Lic. and insured, 30 years experience.
59014109

There is sound on the television but no picture you

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, mARK.What prompted you to replace the tcon initially?Is the screen lit/glowing at all?Can you see the toshiba menu?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Replaced t con board after watching you tube tutorial, get a picture for about two to three seconds
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Is the screen lit/glowing at all?Can you see the toshiba menu?Hold a torch to the screen, at about a 45 degree angle, in a dim/dark room. Can you make out any menu/picture that way? Unfortunately youtube is often more harm than good, if you aren't replacing the right part for the circumstances, you can easily end up wasting money or damaging new parts if the proper issue isn't addressed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When remote is used menu displayed for a few seconds
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I need as much detail as possible to be able to give you an accurate assessment, can you please answer each specific question?