Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

I have a Toshiba DVD recorder model no. D-160-S-TB. When

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba DVD recorder model no. D-160-S-TB. When I try using it with my Panasonic digital TV the recorder does not work with so-called AV2 component (phono sockets that use separate video and audio inputs). No result with RFinput either.
I have not tried a Scart input, but is there a possibility that its circuit might be working
even when the phono and RF inputs have failed ? And would you suggest that a repair
by a high street technician might be too expensive and so not worthwhile?
Category: TV
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question if you still need assistance.
If it requires a repair, it will likely be too expensive to be reasonable.However, it may not be broken - just not compatible with the inputs being used. There are two standards for component inputs, so that's not always a sure thing. I wouldn't expect the RF input to work since that requires tuning - you would have to be outputting to a channel to record, then set the tuner on the recorder to that channel - not something that would commonly be done.I would try the SCART input - it is possible that it will work even though other inputs have not.Mike