Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a philips tv and never had a problem until I switched

I have a philips tv and never had a problem until I switched it on tonight
the green light comes on for 1 second and then goes off its not working can you help?
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you help?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I`m Jack Perhaps I can help you with this problem , let me know when you`re ready ?Also , could you please give me the tv`s model number ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi I paid the last time I was on but didnt need you then however I now have the same problem tv wont turn on?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello anyone there?
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. What is the model number off of the back of the TV please? Also, when the TV is turned on, does anything at all display on the screen?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I managed to get picture on TV
But can't get sound model number
Is Philips 37pf7320/10
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.
Okay, then can you tell me what is connected for sources? Meaning, is there a Cable or SAT box connected to the set? If so, please shut the TV and the BOX down, then unplug both from power for 30 seconds and plug them back in/ Once the cable/SAT box reboots, check for sound. If there is still none, then please tell me how old the set is and also if you have another source, you can try as a TEST (for example a DVD player)? Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
its cable and i turned it off for 10 mins on a few occasions no luck tried volume mute loads no responce
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
tv is about 10 years old
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.
"Cable" is not definitive. Is there a cable "BOX" yes or no? Also, I never mentioned turning it off- I stated to UNPLUG EVERYTHING from power. Is this what you did please?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
yes there is a cable box and yes I did unplug everything as in switched off plug but not take out of socket
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.
Okay, then unfortunately this means your TV has a fault with the "Mainboard" which is the AV processing board and to fix the issue this part needs to be replaced. There's nothing on a user level you can try besides unplugging everything to reset the EEPROM (processor) on the mainboard, and beyond that the part needs to be replaced. Average cost for this type of repair is $250 parts and labor, and is generally not cost effective or a set that can be replaced for about the same amount. I'm sorry for the bad news on this one and wish there were a quick fix. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Aric, Technician
Experience: 15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company