Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have just purchased a Digihome 22" Smart TV from Co-Operative

I have just purchased a Digihome 22" Smart TV from Co-Operative store but I am not sure if it is still being manufactured therefore supported for WI-Fi internet connection.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. While digihome products are very poorly supported, that doesn't mean that the tv won't function, it will just have a generally short life span due to the poor quality of manufacture. This is a 2015 model, but is no longer in production. The smart/wifi functions are hardware related, and should work just fine for you.Feel free to use the wifi connection and whatever apps will function - though you'll likely find over time that some of the features will stop working, as the tv isn't likely to get regular updates (this is where the lack of support comes in).Should the smart functions begin to fail you, your best option would be to connect up a firetv stick. This will give you far more features with better performance and consistent updates/support, beyond what you'd get from the internal tv functions. Best regards,Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply. I am frustrated that the seller was marketing a product no longer in manufacture. I have looked at the Amazon Fire stick which I have never heard of before. Does it have to be connected to a WiFi or can it be connected to the internet in some other way?. I think I might have to return the TV to purchaser as my WIFI is unreliable if that is the only way to get IPlayer etc.and the internet.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
The fire tv STICK is a wifi based device.There is an option for the fire tv BOX, which costs about twice as much, but has an ethernet port, meaning it is hardwired to your router: http://amzn.to/1RsW2MR I would consider returning it anyway though, the digihome products are at the very bottom of the quality spectrum, and I wouldn't expect that tv to last more than a year or two at best. For only a small amount more, you can get a tv from a more reputable name brand (panasonic, lg, samsung) that will last more like 5 years. http://amzn.to/1RsW9bq