Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Hitachi 42 inch tv has no sound and an x through a permanent speaker icon top left of scre

Hitachi 42 inch tv has no sound and an x through a permanent speaker icon top left of screen. The mute button seems to have nothing to do with it, and comes on as a lighter icon to the right of the permanent icon when I click the remote. Model number L42VP01UA The set is connected to a box which is plugged into the arial socket. I am in Italy.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. Please unplug the TV and the Tuner/Set Top box from power for 2-3 minutes and plug them both back in. Once the Set box reboots, then turn on the TV and let me know if you can access the volume on the set. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the suggestions. I am doing as you say and will get back to you.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome and let me know what happens please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It worked. How do I get the payment to you
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Excellent and I'm glad to hear that! To credit me, please click at least 3 stars at the top of the page for my efforts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I just ask you if you know why I don't get sound when my computer is connected to this TV by an HDMI cable.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
That would be a question for the computer experts, as it's caused by a setting in the computer. Different operating systems have different ways to go into the settings and turn the sound ON or OFF using HDMI. Some computers don't send sound via HDMI at all- they only use the headphone jack. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much, you are a star. Clicking now.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome, and I appreciate that! Thank you as well.