Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Lic. and insured, 30 years experience.
59014109

How to set up video recorder to record on to its hard drive

Customer Question

How to set up video recorder to record on to its hard drive from tv programnes when there is no data on guide plus?
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. Can you tell me what type of video recorder you are using please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a Panasonic dvd recorder model DMR-EX768EB and a Panasonic Viera Tv model TX-40CS520B
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you. Let me check the specs and I will get right back to you.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried manually setting record to a specific date, time, and channel?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It wont allow us to do that as all the programme data has been erased and when we try to enter the details of date time and programme a message pops up saying no data.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Did that just suddenly pop up or was the unit possibly damaged by something?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Also, does it display any error codes, and have you made any changes to the cable input or changed services?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it does not say error codes and have not changed cables or services. This has happened a few years back but someone entered all channels in manually but that person is not available I do not know how to do this.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
First, make sure you have the clock set correctly. The guide will not update if the clock is not set. For the guide to work properly, the unit needs to be connected to an outside antenna and not cable or satellite. If you are using either of those services, then that explains the problem with the guide. I may be able to guide you through the process of entering the channels manually, or if you have an antenna you can connect, the guide should update automatically.