Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a Samsung smart TV model No UE40D6530WKXXU, I cannot

I have a Samsung smart TV model No UE40D6530WKXXU, I cannot get Netflix to open
I have downloaded the latest software from your website and it removed the app
The only way I could get the App back was to change the country from Ireland to US
The app still will not open
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Are you having trouble with any other apps?What country are you actually located in, and what site did you get the firmware from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In Ireland -Downloaded the software from Samsung website-don't use many Apps some I have tried do work can't vouch for all of them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Software version is T-GASDEUC-1028.0,BT-G
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for confirming.Your model is one of many, where this will not be an option.Samsung had a marketing agreement, for different countries/regions, with netflix, amazon, etc.For your location and model (and most all EU tvs made prior to 2012), that agreement has expired and samsung was not able to renegotiate it, as such recent firmware updates have removed the app from the tv's smart functionality. Even if you added it back in through other means (such as changing the country), it still won't work on your tv. There is nothing that can be done to change this, as it is simply not supported or capable of working with your model any longer. The only way that would change is if samsung paid for that feature through netflix again and released an updated app, which simply won't happen for a 5 year old tv. In general, once the warranty period is up, the tv is no longer supported, which is the biggest downside of smart tvs, many of the features will simply stop working over time. The only way around that, other than buying a new tv, is via an external streaming device such as a Fire tv: http://amzn.to/1BWzexmand get all the same functions and many more, with better performance and lower cost.