Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Technician
Experience:  Many years experience with all TV and surround/hi-end audio systems setup and troubleshooting.
25267123

I am using an NTSC 4K tv in a pal region so had to purchase

Customer Question

I am using an NTSC 4K tv in a pal region so had to purchase a video converter to enable picture but I noticed that the resolution is now way below 4K which defeats the whole essence of a 4K tv in the first place. Is there any other alternative that will enable me enjoy the 4K?
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You advise that answers will be gotten in 10 mins but now this is over 4 hours and still no answer. When u charged my card u said a shahid was working on my answer and am wondering how long he will work at it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You advertise I meant to say not advise
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi there!
Sorry to hear you have not received an answer yet.
You will need to ensure that you are using a 4K PAL-to-NTSC converter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete, your answer is vague for crying out loud! If there is anything like 4K pal to NTSC converter are u not supposed to give suggestions on brand, which type exactly and where I can get it? Did I pay £27 pounds just to be told this????
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Please confirm what country you are in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nigeria
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting for a response/answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete u asked which country I am in and I confirmed but haven't gotten any response after about 2 hours
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I have been searching and checking with suppliers, but there is nothing suitable available in Nigeria.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea I know it may not be available in Nigeria. I can source from the u.k or the u.s.a, just let me know which product, supplier and where.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please can I get a response?? Am literally having to beg for this as well f it wasn't a paid service and this is so frustrating
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Over 6 hours after and I still haven't gotten a response
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay, I have not yet been able to find anything..
I will check if the other experts can assist you further with this...
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. I'm only finding 1080p converters. What was the model converter you have tried?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The converter I tried was the Orei xd 1190. It's 1080p and my Sony tv is 4K uhd. That's why I asked if there is any alternative to enable me enjoy the 4K features.
Hmm, I have yet to see 4k converters. I'll open the question back up.
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 1 year ago.
What is the exact model of the TV and what programming are you trying to play. Blur ray, over the air, satellite, etc...?
I see the Orie xd 1190 is an over the air tuner... first you must realize that there is no 4K tv being broadcast so at this time it is all SD or HD 1080i/p. Your 4K TV up-converts any HD signal to 4k and that is the best you are going to get, you do not need a "4k converter" your TV does that for you. If the picture is not great that is because the broadcast signal is not 1080i or 1080P and if it is then that is the best you are going to get. Let me know if I am not understanding the problem.