Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

I have a Samsung TV, model number LE32M87BD (R). It switches

Customer Question

I have a Samsung TV, model number LE32M87BD (R). It switches itself off and on repeatedy. A TV repair chap replaced two capacitors, but the problem persists. Help, please.
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).
Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.
Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The TV is switched on and off from the handset. Can I press the on/off key and hold it for 60 seconds pointed at the TV?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, you do it on the actually TV's power button itself, not via the remote.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
RICHARD, THE TV IS ACTUALLY AT MY DAUGHTER'S HOUSE, AND i WON'T GET OVER TO TRY WHAT YOU SAY UNTIL 3PM THIS AFTERNOON. HOW DO I RATE YOUR ADVICE IN THESE CIRCUMSTANCES?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I will marked the question to never close, so you rate my service for now on how you have found it (its my service you are rating), and if you have any problems, just return later and let me know, I'll be on then so this is no issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's great, I'll email when I've tried what you say and in the meantime will complete the rating.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard, I tried what you suggested 3 times, but I'm afraid the problem is still there. Any other ideas?
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I'll wait Adam.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Gordon, sorry I was not online when you replied It is the internal powerboard that has faulted. We have ruled out all other causes for this I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you