Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a TV TX-L32G10B. Today it has a message No Signal.

I have a TV TX-L32G10B. Today it has a message No Signal. I have direct link from the satellite socket on the back of the set to a satellite dish on the roof of my chalet bungalow. Could the problem be with the satelitte dish?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Nicholas. Has the tv worked with this arrangement before?Have you gone into the tv setup menu to the freesat settings and run a scan?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The system has been running for several years. The tv set is still working ok. I can play DVDs.. The freesat scan shows 0 for signal quality and strength
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get my message sent at 11.39?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Good morning,Yes it has just come through. Apologies for any delay, I'm in the US on a much different time zone. If the scan isn't finding anything, then you either have a bad cable (or a splitter/booster somewhere) or a fault in the dish itself.Do you perhaps have any other freesat box/tv that you can link up to this same cable/dish and test further?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wife, a reference librarian, has told me that out TV uses Freesat, a system provided free of charge by the BBC and ITV in the UK. They have a repair/ maintenance service throughout the UK. So I have got in touch with them. I will therefore keep you on hold until I have checked with them what could be the problem. The Freesat box is incorporated in the TV itself. I have been told to contact Panasonic in the morning, as their office shuts at 5pm. it is now 5.15.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Yes I'm familiar with the equipment you have. What I am suggesting is that if this is a cabling or dish issue, that is something that could be confirmed by testing another freesat capable device (either another freesat tv or a freesat receiver box). Panasonic won't be of any help at this point as the tv is so far out of warranty it is no longer supported.You may be able to save yourself some time and service costs if you can isolate the source of the problem yourself.If you have the satellite repair tech out and the problem is the panasonic, you'll have wasted the cost of a service call that would have been better spent on addressing the real issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Panasonic were helpful and took me through the setup menu on the TV set. The issue looked like the one that you thought. I contacted a local aerial/dish specialist who came at 8.30am on Saturday morning. His problem sorting monitor highlighted the signal sorting box on the dish. This was replaced and the system worked satisfactorily. His total cost was £84.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Great, I'm glad to hear it is working for you.Regrettably I could not be on site to do it for you, but I do hope the information and diagnosis I provided was still helpful. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please rate my service; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan. Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan--Please note:I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.
Nathan, Installer
Experience: Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.