MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been a TV repair and electronics expert for over 30 years.
11519491

Panasonic 733 dvd hd fault pease wait mins then draw

Customer Question

panasonic 733 dvd hd fault pease wait for 10 mins then draw opens and the nofuncshion fan is runing
Category: TV
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Panasonic 733 ?Also may I have the FULL model # ?Also does it get a lot of use? And has this happened before?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Panasonic DMR-EX773 - 5 years oldDoes not get a lot of use.Problem has not happened before.Fault: dislaps 'Please Wait' for 10 minutes, then the draw opens and if you close it, it opens again, still displaying 'please wait'.
Thank you for that. What exactly happens when you try to use the system?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Exactly what I just told you.
Hi sorry that didnt show up on my screen I see it now;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I await your response.
Are you sure the error is" dislaps"?And is there any other error with it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry my spelling mistake! It should have read displays. The machine displays the words 'please wait' as already explained.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No other error with it.
Thanks for the clarification.But I'm still confused, does the display actually say DISPLAY? Or just gets stuck on "please wait"?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The display says 'please wait'.
Thats what I thought lol
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know your thoughts on this fault.
Unfortunately this is a HDD failure, so you would need to have that part replaced or do it yourself with my help, its easy but its a little expensive. In this case I would replace the unit because of this problem.But if you would like to replace the HDD let me know and I will source it for you and help you with the replacement. In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day! Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have replaced the hard drive and the problem still exists. Further help required. Thank you
Hi please rate my service in a kind fashion and I will be able to continue with you;-) No cost for that.ThanksTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why are you not able to finish helping me ? The service I have paid for has not as yet been concluded.
Hi I am here.Also Please rate my service to you so I can continue with you, Once you do that< will see it and will reply to you immediately.is the problem exactly the same after the HDD replacement?Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Hi thank you for the rating, You can reach me here anytime.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now will you please answer my question with regards ***** ***** HDD being replaced and the fault is still the same?
Hi thanks,This would indicate a rare but serious issue with the main board in the system.The problem is the board isn't reading the HDD correctly which almost never happens.Usually it is the HDD when you have that error condition. So you would need the board as well, but possibly could return the HDD as it wasn't the cause in this particular case.Im sorry that happened, but without the ability to actually be there to test things electronically this is the best we can do on that.If you have any further questions please ask me, No cost for that. Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As you do not seem to be assisting me with my further question and since I have paid good money for this service, I have no alternative but to report this to Paypal.
Hi, we have a 100 % money back guarantee. Im sorry you will need the main board, but this is one time testing is needed to determine the fault, but I can tell you if you are sure that you have a HDD as a replacement which is always very possible you dont, as they do come in new bad as well all the time, I know Im always experiencing that out in the field.In any case I will let JA know so they can issue you a refund. Have a great day and best of luck with this issue.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I look forward to receiving a full refund to my Paypal account.
I will send this to CS for that. It can take a up to 1 month but we have an A+ rating with the BBB so no worries;-)Have a great day!Tech Michael