Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a goodmns LD1940WD model LCD tv and its remote but on

Customer Question

i have a goodmns LD1940WD model LCD tv and its remote but on every connection like scott, sv av vga it says no input............
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well. What exactly are you trying to connect to the TV (cable/SAT box, etc.)? Also what specific input connection on the back of the set are you plugged into? This would determine what Input the remote needs to access. Or, if the TV was working before- and then stopped, then you could have a faulty HMDI cable, or perhaps even the Mainboard in the TV has failed- which would require replacement of this board. Let me know and we can proceed.Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am trying to connect scort wire for tv from skybox...............and vga for computer. Tv has both the connections but when i connect it says no input
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
First time setup of the TV, or was it working before then stopped?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont know i bought it from my freind
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
But this is the first time you have set it up- correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
If using a Scart, make sure the Scart cable is connected securely between the Sky box and the TV's Scart Input. Turn the Sky box on, then use the TV remote (not the Sky remote) to select the Scart Input and let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it says no input
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Then either the Scart cable is bad or the TV's Mainboard has failed on you. Do you have another cable you can try?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is the scart cable which is working on my other tv very well
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Then in that case your TV's Mainboard failed- there's no other way around it. There's no other settings besides using the Input selection on the remote. If there's No Input detected- the TV's Input (AV Mainboard) has failed. Sorry for the bad news here, but there are no other buttons or settings you can use to fix this. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
You did mention that the VGA from a computer would also not display an Input from the TV when you selected VGA, so this would indicate further that the TV's Mainboard has failed. Do you possibly have any recourse from the seller?