Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a Toshiba to that I'm trying to set up. It's an

Customer Question

Hi I have a Toshiba to that I'm trying to set up. It's an older version, not sure where even to start as I'm female! Tried auto tune the channels but still showing black/white speckled screen.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What is the complete model number of the tv, June?Are you using it with an aerial? Cable? Sky box?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, its model 26DV615DB. I have an aerial connection. I've tried all the auto tuning details but cant get it to work
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Go back into the setup again and make sure the input mode is set for aerial (not cable) then run the auto tune once more, please.Also, is this an aerial connection that has worked previously with this or another tv?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would the setting be ATV?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
yes that will work if you don't see air/antenna as the option
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
If you see DTV or DVB however, then you'd choose that instead (for digital signals)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I choose DTV it comes up with error cannot access digital services
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
What were you using when you tried before?That error indicates that there is most likely a problem with the tvs internal tuner. Lets unplug power to he tv for 5 minutes then try again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried with ATV which allowed me to auto scan, but it just doesn't come up with a picture.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
That is because the ATV is for analog broadcasts, which ceased in 2009. There are no analog signals to pick up, only digital.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which channel do I try to tune it in on please? AV1 or AV2 HDMI ive used the tv in the past 2 years but not at this house
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Those are inputs, not channels. You need to have the input/source mode set to TV, and then you set the mode to the dtv, and do the scan.If it still won't work at that point, then the internal tuner is faulty and the tv would need to be repaired - though for a tv of this size and age it would not be worth the cost. You could buy a brand new and updated LED tv with a fresh warranty for half the cost.As an alternative to that, you could hook up an external set top box to replce the failed internal tuner: http://amzn.to/1R4Boh5
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
For a little more, you can get a smart tuner: http://amzn.to/1R4BzJ1which works with the antenna but also gives you access to online content such as netflix, youtube, etc right on your tv, effectively turning it into a smart tv. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please rate my service; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan. Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan--Please note:I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.