Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Licensed TV repair technician in the US with over 30 experience in the US.
59014109

I have a Samsung UHD 6400 series TV and have found a Samsung

Customer Question

I have a Samsung UHD 6400 series TV and have found a Samsung HWH550 soundbar in a clearance sale but the soundbar doesn't have its remote (hence why its in a clearance sale). Will the TV remote with the soundbar or must it have the soundbar remote.
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.
Per your soundbar's instruction manual - HDMIHDMI transmits video and audio signals simultaneously, and provides a clearer picture.The unit is also equipped with the ARC function which lets you listen to sound from your TV via an HDMI cable through the Wireless Audio - Soundbar. This function is only available if you connect the unit to an ARC compliant TV.There should be an HDMI connector on the back of your TV set labled HDMI/ARC. You should connect that to your soundbar, and follow the TV's instruction booklet on ARC connections. Also, CEC functions on the TV should turn the soundbar on/off and adjust the soundbar's volume. Now here's the problem. UHD 6400 series could be the HU6400 or JU6400 (the letter difference is the YEAR the TV was built), so I went with JU6400 info. Anyways, the KEY is the HDMI/ARC plug on your TV...if you have it, and plug the soundbar into it, and turn off the TV speakers, and make sure the sound bar's INPUT is set to HDMI...it should fire up the soundbar, unless we have to turn on the TV's CEC control and get the control signals delivered to the soundbar.