info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a Toshiba LCD 32W333DB which has sound but no vision.

I have a Toshiba LCD 32W333DB which has sound but no vision. Can you help?
Category: TV
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  info tech replied 10 months ago.
HelloWelcome I am sorry I cant use the phone service at present If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please? Anthony
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No!
Can you see any visible light at all on the display?even feint light? Anthony
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Only the on/off button
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am just hoping this is something simple!
OK its likely you have failed invertor boards the thing is with these smaller sets its a better option to replace them because they have dropped in price considerably over the last few years, to replace teh power-invertor would equate to replacing the set as new so its not really ann option, however if you wish to do that please let me know I will provide all the necessary info to do that Sorry its nothing easier Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post thank you, ***** ***** positively enables me to receive credit from the site thanks again, the session will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have Many Thanks Anthony
info tech, Technician
Experience: Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes. I wish to do that please therefore let me know I will provide all the necessary info to do that.
Thank you so much for your help.
I will be happy to help yesSo I am assuming you cant see any visible light on the display OK the back of the set will need to come off, then when you have done that you need to find the invertor board, it runs down the left or right hand side of the set Let me know when you spot that before we move on Anthony
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can't do that now but will look with help of my husband tomorrow.Thanks so much as this was a gift from a friend.Kind regards,
Louise
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will contact you tomorrow.Have a good evening.
Louise
OK let me know Louise
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you so much for your support and advice. Will get back to you asap. We bought a Panasonic recorder as their was no recording possibility on the TV and it has been a nightmare. We are thinking of buying a new TV with a recorder/DVD.
What we liked about the Toshiba TV was the fantastic screen image.
Any help in choosing a good set?Best wishes,
Louise
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you getting my emails?
Hi Tvs with DVD recorders are becoming rare, this began finishing a while ago but there still may be some aroundLouise choosing a set is down to personal preference as there are so many specs but stick with the known brands like Toshiba and LG or Sony and you will be good Let me know if I can do anything elseAnthony
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for your reply. I am confused - so we buy a good quality TV, great picture etc and then add on recorder and DVD?
I am sorry to be such a pain with these questions. I am a graphic designer BA Hons - but 3 years ago I had a complete nervous breakdown. I find it frustrating as used to run my own company for 17 years after working with design consultants since I was 24 now 56 - 57 on 15th of march. It is only a number but I could have done without the breakdown.
Take care.
With kind regards,
Louise
DVD is becoming obsolete too there are mediums like flash cards and DVRs built into cable and satellite boxes and then there is the smart TV you could have a look around for a combi sets but I have no seen many, smart TV is the new way ahead Anthony
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks Anthony, we will go and have a good look around for the smart TV.With kind regards,
Louise
Louise you are welcome Have a great day Anthony
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
And you.Best wishes,
Louise
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Anthony,
Is this TV OK? Can we record onto the hard drive (if that is what it is called).
How can we play a DVD - do we need another box.
SAMSUNG T32E390SX Smart 32" LED TV
Product code: 145985
Best wishes,
Louise