Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

I have a Samsung UE65HU8200 led tv, the tv has Freesat and

I have a Samsung UE65HU8200 led tv, the tv has Freesat and Freeview tuners, Freesat and Freeview work fine on there own but I find I can only view one system at a time using auto tune etc, is there a way to leave both aerials connected via some sort of extra switch so that I can view BOTH Freesat and Freeview guides when I want to.
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeYou can use this switch to switch the twoClick me to openBut each time you do, you will need to return as the TV needs to pick up the channels again, this you cannot avoid sorry.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
one option though, do you have a DVD / blueray player with Antenna input?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have a Panasonic Blu-ray player/recorder DMR-BWT735 but it doesn't have Freesat built in.The switch at Amazon shows `threaded connectors` like my sat lead but my freeview aerial lead has the normal push in plug?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, connect the Freeview box to the Panasonic and then to tune it follow the very last page of the manual herehttp://www.richersounds.com/static/manuals/DMRBWT735.pdfThen you tune the TV to FreeSat.Then to watch FreeSat you switch channels on TV.To watch Freeview, you switch input to the Blu Ray and watch via the channels on the Blu RayThis is the best solution for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** *****'t have a freeview box Richard, its all in the tv, the tv is already connected via hdmi to the video which I guess you mean.My query regarding the switch at Amazon you mentioned, as I said, as the ordinary freeview aerial plug is the normal push in connector on the aerial lead I would need to use an adaptor plug to use the threaded connector on the switch wouldn't I,....if I go this way Richard?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, you would but its not really much of an improvement, and its either threaded or push, not interchangable.But the Blu Ray tunes to the freeview, so you can do it the way I explained. Its the only option but its a good option.Connect the freeview to the blu ray and follow the instructions please on the link I gave to tune it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok you would but its not really much of an improvement, "and its either threaded or push, not interchangeable"-... Confused by the last `either threaded or push`, just need to be clear, are you saying I can change the ordinary aerial push in lead connector to a threaded by adaptor plug or I can`t if I use the switch method Richard, (not as good as blu ray I know), final question, thanks Richard
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, the adapters are for either two threaded connections or two push, and you said you had one of each so it wont work for you.Basically and adapter is not possible nor would it really help you, and I would advise to use the Blu Ray for the Freeview.And no last questions, I am here to help so if it is still not clear, let me know and ask away
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thank you,... "connect the Freeview box to the Panasonic",.....SO the tv which has Freeview and Freesat built in is already connected to the video via HDMI, also the video has the ordinary Freeview aerial plugged in to it and from there to the tv etc so in your words the Freeview element is already connected to the Panasonic isn't it Richard? am I right, sorry. and thank you for your patience.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, did you check the manual I indicated? Last Page?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes last page is Sales and Support information Richard?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, its the box below that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Blind as a bat me!! ..... Cheeky I know but can I record the Freesat on this video recorder from the tv do you think Richard?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
haha, no problem!! :)You will need to check if it will record, it should unless there are copywrite issues (it will say) but at the least you should be able to view it via the Bluray without having then to switch cables.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks. bye
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome!